Applying for disability can be a scary situation to be put in. The government has two different programs that are set in place to help assist those who are now needing disability assistance. If you are newly disabled, you may be wondering if you qualify for financial assistance from the Social Security Administration (SSA). The two programs are known as Social Security Disability (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
The Social Security Disability (SSDI) program is a program that is set up to pay benefits to the insured and their family members. This means that the person applying for disability has worked recently, 足够长的时间, and paid Social Security taxes on those earnings.
The Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program pays benefits to disabled adults and children who have limited income and resources. To learn more about how to apply for disability, view the required documentation and information about you and your medical condition. See below for a list of items you need to provide when applying through the SSA.
Information 世界杯外围买球网APP下载 You
When you are in the process of applying for disability through the SSA programs. View the required personal information below:
- Your place of birth, date of birth, and Social Security number.
- 这个名字, Social Security number, and date of birth or age of your current spouse and any former spouse. It is important to know the dates and places of marriage and dates of divorce or death (if appropriate).
- 的名字 and dates of birth of your minor children, if you have any.
- Your bank or other financial institution’s routing transit number and the account number.
Information 世界杯外围买球网APP下载 Your Medical Condition
类似的, to the required information about you, you must also provide the required personal information below:
- 的名字, address, and phone number of someone we can contact who knows about your medical conditions and can help with your application.
- Detailed information about your medical illnesses, injuries, or conditions:
- 的名字, 地址, phone numbers, patient ID numbers, and dates of treatment for all doctors, 医院, 和诊所.
- 的名字 of medicines you are taking and who prescribed them.
- 的名字 and dates of medical tests you have had and who sent you for them.
- Information 世界杯外围买球网APP下载 Your Work:
- The amount of money earned last year and this year.
- 这个名字 and address of your employer(s) for this year and last year.
- The beginning and ending dates of any active U.S. military service you had before 1968.
- A list of the jobs (up to 5) that you had in the 15 years before you became unable to work and the dates you worked at those jobs.
- Information about any workers’ compensation, 黑肺, and/or similar benefits you filed, or intend to file for. These benefits can:
- Be temporary or permanent in nature.
- Include annuities and lump sum payments that you received in the past.
Documentation Needed to Apply
Along with the information listed above, the SSA may ask you to provide documentation that shows you are eligible, 如:
- Birth certificate or other proof of birth.
- 你的证明.S. citizenship or lawful alien status if you were not born in the United States.
- U.S. military discharge paper(s) if you had military service before 1968.
- W-2 forms(s) and/or self-employment tax returns for last year.
- Medical evidence already in your possession. This includes medical records, doctors’ reports, and recent test results.
- Award letters, 工资单, settlement agreements, or other proof of any temporary or permanent workers’ compensation-type benefits you received.
Looking to apply for disability or want more information on the process? Reach out to your local agent, today.